Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rainy Days and Tuesdays... literally...

Well yesterday was a Tuesday and I was invited by the lovely people at Poolbeg Press to travel to Belfast to have lunch with them and Alyson Wilson from Waterstones.
After a week of glorious sunshine, the weather broke yesterday and my bus ride to Belfast was through torrential rain.
When I arrived, I made my way to Altos on Fountain Street and ordered a glass of wine to steady my nerves.
According to the lovely Lynda from Poolbeg I've nothing to be nervous about but, as I tried to explain to her, us Derry weemin are born worriers and constantly nervous about something.
The craic was great. Alyson from Waterstones was lovely and didn't freak me out. She must be used to dealing with emotional and highly strung authors.
Mostly however I was proud of not falling into a mad faux Dublin accent. (See my previous posts about my fear of saying 'eejit' and 'gas' a lot).
Anyway, it's 8 days now til Poolbeg release the book from their glorious premises in Baldoyle - which just about ties up with my 31st birthday. What a difference a year makes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...