Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tomorrow will be interesting...

For I am driving to Dublin, in a car, by myself. For the first time.
It's approximately 200 miles in a direction I have never driven before. (I've never driven 200 miles in the one go either). I haven't a feckin' clue how to get to where I need to go and the fact that my husband has equipped me with his Sat Nav is no help either.
(This is me, who got lost in Belfast with the "help" of Sat Nav. I tend to spend entire journeys shouting at it ala "But I can't stay right, right is three lanes over. Ya big smug eejit computer fecker" and things like that).
Added to that, I'll be driving 200 miles - with morning sickness. Which is why I'm driving, for the record, as a non- morning-sicknessy bus ride to Dublin earlier this year made me feel rotten - I'd be dead for sure trying it now.
I'm taking a packed lunch (rock and roll) and some cheesy CDs.
If you don't hear from me any time soon, I'll probably be lost somewhere near Cork, shouting at at the Sat Nav... of course.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww hope the trip goes well, you'll be fine :)

Providing your sat nav isn't 'one of those' that sends people into ditches/railway tracks/electric pylons.*



*And then they're in The Sun complaining 'MY SAT NAV TRIED TO KILL ME!' Like, hello? You can see a damn river in front of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...