Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm trying to finish the blasted book

I still have a good 25000 words to write - finding the time is proving really difficult as mammyhood seems to have taken over my life entirely.
The boy has activities almost every day of the week - I feel like a taxi driver. The girl is very demanding - in a lovely toddler-ish way, but demanding all the same and my house seems to have some sort of "mess it all up" poltergheist living in the rafters who throws things around as soon as I turn my back.
I am a wreck - a tired, bloated, grumpy wreck. My inner Ouiser is back... I cannot keep my cool.
I long for an hour (or week) away in a quiet, peaceful hotel room with just my laptop and the work in progress to get the fecker done.
This is where it gets tough and only I can deal with it unfortunately. The mad mammy is about to get madder!

1 comment:

Tim Atkinson said...

Can I share that hotel room? Nothing saucy, you understand... no time, more's the pity. Just a deadline looming and lots of words still to be written. The same problem, in other words.

After all, you'll need a breath of fresh air every now and then won't you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...