well today has been one of those mornings.
First of all I was woken from a lovely dream where I was Kate Middleton and was stinking rich and planning a wedding.Then I went downstairs to find the baked ratatouille I had prepared last night had disinigrated into a wee dish I like to call "smelly mulch" and had to be binned before I took a dose of the mad bokes. Then on the school run we were held up by a burned out bus smouldering its acrid, toxic smoke all over us.
Work, when I arrived, has been "interesting" - and by "interesting" I mean - stressful.
BUT, instead of falling down under it I'm going to accentuate the positive with
TEN THINGS WHICH HAVE MADE ME HAPPY RECENTLY:
- Singing in a choir - which is remarkable given my lack of musical talent but there really is safety in numbers and the craic is good.
- My increasingly snuggly big boy who, despite being seven, still loves his mammy.
- My increasingly funny wee girl - who this morning listened to my singing and said "I like that song mammy. Again!" which I don't think anyone has ever said before, ever, in connection with my singing.
- Last night's episode of Glee in which Mr Schuester was looking particularly handsome. This makes me shallow but shallow works for me right now.
- The 3lbs which I managed to lose last week - go me!
- The 21,000 words of edits I've managed to do in the last three weeks which I, personally, think makes this book the best I've ever written.
- The plans I am making to have my hall and landing painted which, given that the walls currently look like an aftershot from a dirty protest is a very good thing indeed.
- I'm on my holidays soon!!! Whoop Whoop! Of course I'm holidaying in my house, editing the book, but I berluddy can't wait all the same.
- It's my tenth wedding anniversary next week and we've not killed each other yet!
- You, lovely readers, for being lovely.