Monday, December 21, 2009

There is a house in Derry City....

....It's called the House of the Plague...

You know it's Christmas when you spend a fair portion of your time mopping up sick and dosing the wains with Calpol.
Yes, the festive season has arrived with gusto Chez Allan. The boy was the first to fall - developing a really rather loud and annoying cough which persists through the night. Yes, I do feel sorry for him and am doing my very best to dose him with cough bottles and calpol and cuddle him as much as possible but that cough ... well, it is loud and annoying especially when a fit occurs just as I'm trying to enjoy a precious five minutes of sleep.
Because, you see, the baby is sick also. No cough - but she has the raging bokes. The more wee critter is so much pain with her tummy that it is distressing me because there is little I can do to soothe her bar rub her tummy, clean up her sick and once again get the magic calpol out to control her temperature.
My house has a vague aroma of puke about it - no matter how much I have burned the yankee candles or opened the window to the elements -  and my children are as white as two wee snowmen as they sit there in their jammies begging me with big blue eyes to make it all better.

I'm hoping that they will be right as rain by Friday so that we can enjoy ourselves properly.
And I'm hoping for some sleep!

3 comments:

Stickhead said...

You poor things - hope it passes soon - it's bad enough normally but at Christmas it's mega-grim!
xxx

Fionnuala said...

Hope it passes soon CB...Fx

mammydiaries said...

Ah yes! The Season of Sick... I've banned it in our house until AFTER the wedding. Unfortunately, the groom didn't get the memo and is suddenly complaining of feeling a cold coming on... Sigh. T'is the season! lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...