Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in review

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

Oooh, gave birth to a baby girl. That was pretty amazing.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next this year?
I didn't really make any but my goal was contentment and I'm not quite there - that's one to keep working on for 2010l.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh yes. In January Keris had Joe and Nora had baby Nora. Then Louise had Kieran (which I think was late February)  In March I had Cara. In November my sister gave me another beautiful niece Darcy and my lovely school friend Claire had her first baby Nihal. And my lovely cousin and his fiance had a baby boy Emmerson. Babies were us.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but I was really very affected by the death of my niece's granny Lynne who was a lovely and brave woman who quite simply left us all too soon.

5. What countries did you visit?
A big fat nowhere but home.


6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A foreign rights deal.
A new deal with Poolbeg.
A top ten bestseller - in fact a number one would be tickety boo.


7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 4 - the day my life was fulfilled with the birth of my baby girl.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Cara. And writing a whole book while being a new mammy.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Weight issues, weight issues, weight issues.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Hyperemesis at the start of the year, occasional madness throughout


11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new Clarins foundation. I no longer look as though I have been tangoed.


12. Where did most of your money go?
Pink clothes in Next


13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Barack Obama becoming president.
Writing book 4.
Squishing my children - a lot.
The new Marian Keyes book.
The arrival of my niece Darcy.
Erm... the last series of Desperate Housewives.

14. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Although it is not a 2009 song, Rule the World will always be special. And I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas.


15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?

Happier.

b) thinner or fatter?
Same answer as Keris for this one... mildly thinner due to the none baby making issues


c) richer or poorer?
Neither.


16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, snuggling, exercising



17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing


18. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, entirely with my baby girl and all over again with my hubby.


19. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't think I watched TV all year - not consciously anyway but I quite enjoyed spooks.


20. What was the best book you read?
The Brightest Star in the Sky by Marian Keyes



21. What was your favorite film of this year?
Movies? I don't have time for movies



22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 33 and like Keris I'm a saddo because I really don't know what I did



23. What kept you sane?
Wine, Twitter (many good nights over the XFactor), family and friends.


24. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't have the energy to fancy any one!



25. Who did you miss?
My bestest friend even though she visited three times this year. My granda as always.



26. Who was the best new person you met?
Boo Face.

3 comments:

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Have a Happy 2010, Claire!!!

Sarah said...

Happy New Year, Claire. I hope you do lots more fab things in 2010.

Fionnuala said...

Happy New Year CB and I love that photo of Cara...Fx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...