Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And writing.... and writing... and writing...

Well, the writing is going well but all encompassing.
Am delighted to say book 6 - with a very provisional title of 'What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?' is powering along nicely - 10,000 words have almost magically floated onto the screen and not once I have been tempted to tear my hair out.
It's set in a wedding dress shop - a gorgeous place with real wooden floors, sash windows and bright white walls - and a court yard! The court yard is very important! I'm creating two very feisty and strong characters - Kitty, the shop owner, and Erin a blushing bride to be who has always been heart set against weddings...



Book five, which should be called The 30 Something Crisis Club is still with the publishers and still awaiting the official thumbs up. As with all books, now that it is gone out of my control I feel the need to write new scenes in. I have become semi obsessed with writing a scene about a peg bucket.... that's how exciting my life is!
It should be in the shops in October - just in time for the Christmas market and my annual "new book out breakdown" - which is one of the many breakdowns I have in the average year.



It's Got to be Perfect will hit the shelves in paperback at the start of June. (See the pretty cover!) At the moment I'm very busy trying to gather together some publicity, breathe new life into it and remind myself what it is all about. (With two more books on the go since and two more casts of characters I have to admit that sometimes I struggle to remember character names. That said there are days now when I struggle to remember my children's names...and my own name for that matter.)


Writing aside, at the moment things are in a bit of a lull. The Eason event was amazing - I'm still floating from it. But now it's time to move on to the next thing - booking the next launch/ appearance and possibly some City of Culture events.
I also seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time doing primary three level homework. Ain't parenthood grand?

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Well done, Claire - loads on the go! (I feel the need to do some mild swearing just because it says it is allowed...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...