Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tacky Tuesday- You want some cheese? I'll fecking give you cheese


ANYONE WHO says they don't like, nay love, Steps is a dirty big liar.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I give you the queens and queens (and yes the two queens was intentional) of pop.
Yes, it's not big and it's not clever and it's not going to impress those yokes at the Ivor Novello awards but it is feel good music that gets you dancing.
Who hasn't learned the moves to 'Tragedy' or pretended to line dance to '5,6,7,8'?
Don't lie now- Santa is watching and he knows everything.
Steps, like Westlife, even feature on my wedding video (can you tell it was me and not Mr. Allan who chose the music). 'Say You'll Be Mine' accompanied a montage of our day and it makes me smile every time I see it.
But for today, our classic 'choon' to remember is "One For Sorrow"- hands in the air, deep breath....let the pure pop wash over you.
Go on ya big girl ye!
Oh I know you're somewhere else right now
And loving someone else no doubt
Well I'm one for sorrow (one finger in the air in a Cliff Richards at Christmas stylie)
Ain't it too too bad (two fingers across the eyes like in Pulp Fiction)
Are you breaking someone else's heart?
Cos your taking my love where you are
Well I'm one for sorrow
Ain't it too too bad about us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. Even my pop-hating hubby loves Heartbeat. And I'll be singing "my boot-scootin' baby is drivin' me crazy' all night now! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...