Friday, July 31, 2009

It has been a week of day-trips

We've been to Belfast Zoo - where all the animals apart from the wasps seemed to be in hiding.
We've been to the Riverwatch Aquarium at Prehen - where I didn't freak out at the fish despite my pathological fear of the feckers.
We've been to Redcastle - where the best thing I can say is that the children were happy. (Me? Not so impressed. The baby changing facilities constituted a work top.... is this really the best we have to offer visitors?)
We've been to the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh which was lovely and tres chic and made me hanker for life in a log cabin with a porch to set a swing on.
And we went for lunch in a snazzy restaurant.
It has been a fab family week - made perfect by reading and writing in the evenings and even a night out pass for me where I went to my parents house, got a little blotto on a bottle of wine and slept over in their spare room.
Wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...