Monday, November 08, 2010

No, its not finished yet

... the book.
We are in the endgame though. Almost 80,000 done - the end in sight - the finish line not too far in the distance.
I wrote just under 4000 last weeks of new material and spent a considerable amount of time editing the rest  of the book and reading over it and hoping I didn't hate it.
Thankfully I didn't but dear Lord I am at the stage where I want this book to be done already.
I imagine this is what marathon runners feel like when they hit the wall - knowing that you have to go on but wanting so much to just sit down in the middle of the road and let someone else do it for you.

2 comments:

Bella said...

That's exactly how I felt last year about my thesis... put me off authoring anything else ever again!

Good luck for that last push!

Anonymous said...

Claire,

I hope this doesn't come across as too strange, as I don't know you, I've never met you and I'm afraid to say I've never read any of your books.

However, after stumbling across your blog a few years ago I've regularly come back to read your posts and have always found you engaging and interesting. I've followed your journey since you made your list of things to do before you were thirty, and then read on as you did them!

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that depression has crept up on you again, and to let you know that even people you don't know at all are wishing you well.

Take care,

Rachel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...