Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally been brave enough to get on the scales

And I'm lighter than I was before I got pregnant - to the tune of 4lbs.
And that's 9lbs lighter than my booking in weight (when I was about 12 weeks gone).

Of course I'm still fat as a fat thing but at least I'm not fatter than I was. I had visions of ending this pregnancy mega huge as one of those ladies who can only wear large floral frocks and flip flops which my ankles would still manage to spill over the soles of. Oh and I imagined I would go on the Jeremy Kyle/ Trisha/ other dodgy chat show and need two chairs or a sofa all to myself and I would weep as I told the audience how I put on 200lbs with my second baby and couldn't shift it.

When I had the boy I put on about 2.5 stone (35lbs ish?) - and that was where I was left post baby, you know after he was well and truly gone and could no longer be blamed for my girth.
This time, of course, I had a certain amount of sickness so didn't. And Jeremy Kyle will have to find someone else.

I'm trying not to be smug - especially since I know that it wasn't anything to do with me controlling my own will power or anything of that nature - but I am pleased. I now have less work to do than I thought although I'm not sure I'm ready for a full on diet assault just yet.

2 comments:

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Congrats! But be sure to eat healthy!

Keris Stainton said...

Blimey, that's impressive. So at least *something* good came out of all that puking! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...