Friday, September 25, 2009

I survived Dublin

And I didn't throw up. Which was good. It was definitely much better than this time last year....
And I signed lots of books and smiled and talked the talk and walked the walk, and ate in a very nice restaurant in Malahide (which I now only hear in my head in a big Dublin accent).
Jumping in Puddles is selling well in it's first week - the first review is in and it's lovely and things are getting set for the rest of my career.
One lovely bookseller (Helen in Easons at one of the M50 stores) even very kindly told me I was already a big name.Which I thought was very kind of her indeed.
And then I came home - and my boy almost imploded with excitement at seeing me. The girl, on the other hand. seems set on making me suffer for daring to leave her. It's gonna be a long 18 years.

2 comments:

SBB said...

Hi Claire, Shirley here - I bought JIP today and saw it had a signed by the author sticker on it, so you were obviously in Eason in Blanchardstown - feck, if I'd known, I would have come over to meet you! I've been offline for a lot of this week doing an editing job, and didn't catch your schedule (I'm sure it's probably on here somewhere). Anyway, you'll be glad to hear that your book was at the very top of the new releases section - I found it straight away when I walked into Eason in Blanche. Looking forward to getting stuck in now!

The Pineapple Tart said...

I'm loving it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...