Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...

I think I am in denial. The baby turns one tomorrow. I have not bought a card, or a cake or a present.


I refuse to believe that a year has passed since she was born - since I held her soft, wee precious body in my arms and muttered words of welcome in her ear.

I refuse to believe that the baby months are gone - no more pureeing food, no more making up bottles of formula or sterilising.

I love the stage she is at now - full of craic and mischief with four teeth which form the most precious smile in the world but there is a part of me twanging at her age and wishing she would stay small forever.

Emotions-a-rama

1 comment:

Moi said...

Amazed she is one already! Wow!

I've tagged you on my blog http://athomewithmrsm.blogspot.com/2010/03/meme-shoe-showy.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...