Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So what if I'm broken?

I have reached that stage of writing book five where I fear I will never be able to finish the damn thing.
Trouble is - this wall usually hits at around 40,000 words. It has hit at 15,000 this time. Eeek!
The thing is, the book is there is my head. I am conversing with my characters all the time in a mildly schizophrenic way. I quite like them. I'm definitely very excited about the book.
I just can't write the damn thing.
My fingers, it feels, are broken. I feel as if I'm writing and writing and writing and only producing 5 words at a time. I have even already experienced a major editing crisis.
Almost every writer I know goes through these phases - I just want something to snap me right out of mine and get me on the "write track" (see what I did there?) again.

As it stands I'm more likely to spend my evenings these days fake planning my fellow Northern author Emma Heatherington's wedding to Simon Cowell than actually writing. Must. Try. Harder.

2 comments:

The Pineapple Tart said...

I feel like this about every sentence

Marcie Steele said...

Me too. Sometimes I write 100 words, read facebook, a 100 words, check out blogger, another 100, another look on facebook...you get the picture?

Just keep on keeping on chick, it'll get there.

Mel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...