Thursday, July 08, 2010

First shoes

The baby got her first proper shoes.
She has started to take faltering steps... a few at a time and my heart is both filled with pride but breaking.
I read somewhere once about how buying a baby's first shoes is a difficult time for a mammy. Of course I'm delighted she is progressing, growing, developing and becoming independent. Of course another part of me knows she is one step closer to being completely independent.
She is my last baby... there will be no more... so I want to cherish every tiny little moment as much as possible. The shoes, the smiles, the wee bunches in her hair, the cheeky grin, the penchant for singing Lady Gaga (change the words to Ma ma ma ma ma ma ma ma baby face and you have a perfectly acceptable song to to sing to your child...) the need to do everything for herself... yesterday.

Oh baby, I love you. Just don't grow too fast.
xxx

1 comment:

Debs Riccio said...

don't get me blubbing, it's too early!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...