Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I still can't find the dodgy poetry

... but I am managing okay.
Yesterday I even put make up on - and proper make up, not the "only cover the spots" kind. I even used mascara and it looked nice.
Then I went for a drive, and sang Lady Ga Ga with my baby girl and wrote about 1500 words.
Now all I need to do it switch my brain off - the constant "but" and "what ifs".

Like so many people I suppose I need to learn to be happy in the here and now instead of focusing either on the past or on the possibilities of the future - which are all still just possibilities. My life must move beyond the "I will be happy when I lose weight/ get a UK deal/ move house etc etc" monologue.
I need to be happy now.

Anyone care to share what makes you happy? Maybe I could give it a go. I'm up for almost anything as long as it does not involve fish of any description.

2 comments:

Gerry Snape said...

Ah Claire, the here and now? there's the rub. Who ever really stays in it? There's then (before) and there's then (after) and they both seem to dominate right NOW... and I say that with a good ulster accent!!I suppose the nearest you get is looking at your weeones and being glad . In my case the grandkids coming for tea today.For that I'm thankful!!

Fionnuala said...

Being loved. Allowing myself to revel in the fact that I'm loved. Music. A burst of Abba or Hey Ya by Outkast or La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.
Food! A good meal and bottle of wine with my man...
Seeing my daughters happy.
See, no fish? x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...