Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fictional places I want to live, part two...

Iris's house from The Holiday, starring Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz
This would  be my weekend retreat - strictly a no kids/ no husband zone. I would sit on the squishy chairs with his feet on the squishy footstool and the fire roaring in the hearth and I would write til my heart was content. I'd take a break every now and again just to wander around the wild garden or maybe heat some scones on the aga and then I would maybe take a snooze on the sofa with some some soft music playing gently in the background.
I don't drink tea very often but this house would make me a tea drinker. It's just oozes cosiness and relaxation and my imagination could run wild there. The bookshelves add to it, of course. I've always wanted a room just for me with loads of book shelves. When I win the Lotto this will be my purchase, I promise.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I adore this house too. (Did you know they built it in a fortnight for the film?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...