Monday, August 30, 2010

Hauling my sorry ass back to WeightWatchers

Did you laugh at them? All the posts where I said I was going to try really hard to be good and then, after a good week or two, go back to WeightWatchers?  You should have.
I've not been following the plan all summer and all the bad habits have kicked back in - most notably the few glasses of wine and bag of kettle crisps habit which is absolutely bloody lethal.
My clothes are feeling snugger and yesterday I went shopping for a new coat and was HORRIFIED by the site which greeted me in the mirror. I have no shape. I felt ugly - like deep to the bone ugly - and I was so horrified I went home and gave out to all around me in a very diva-ish way.
I cna hand on heart say that I was not a nice person to be around last night.
In February, when I first started WeightWatchers I was inspired by my son asking was I sure I wasn't pregnant as my tummy was so fat. I said at the time I could have got annoyed and lay down under it or I could do something about it. Seeing myself in the mirror yesterday I had that same epiphany.

I am under no illusions that it won't be damn hard work. I know I have good 10lbs to go to be back to where I was before the summer but I'm going to start because I owe it to myself.

2 comments:

Cosmic said...

Don't be to hard on yourself! Your a mother not a supermodal:)

xoxox

Jean at The Delightful Repast said...

I love to cook (and I'm a food blogger!) so sometimes it's difficult. I keep it "sort of" under control by saving my carb and calorie intake for things I really love. So I can have the homemade peach pie because I didn't eat a bag of crisps or store-bought biscuits or munch mindlessly on some junk I don't really like all that much. That said, I must admit I'd like to see about 10 pounds less of me next time I look in the mirror!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...