Monday, December 06, 2010

Crafty - not me!

I picked up on an email prompt thingy while reading my sister's blog today - and while I know what I'm like and there is no way I imagine it will provide good food for thought when I am completely stuck.
Today's prompt was:

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

Now the truth is, I don't make anything. I write books and I work and I keep house but I am not crafty.


Not even one bit.

I'd love to be. I'd love to have a sewing kit and an art drawer and be half way through baking my homemade Christmas cakes and cookies to handwrap in cellophane for presents but the truth is, I'm not crafty at all. I lack the skill and imagination and, indeed the dexterity to make anything I would allow out of the house and offer to other people.

I occasionally make cookies. This is a major project for me. I feel very proud of myself but while they smell nice while cooking they tend to taste like burnt rubber in the eating.

I don't sew - I am still traumatised from sewing in Home Economics in school and if my child were to come home looking for a costume to be made for a school show I would be on Ebay before you could say "next day delivery".

As for Art- I scraped a C in GCSE and we'll not mention the day the teacher actually laughed at my efforts. Cara appreciates them though. She makes me draw her an apple at least 14 times a day on a magnadoodle and she recognises it without me having to explain to her what it is.

So, to the question what have I made recently? Nadda. Bar a mess. And it's not really likely to change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...