Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tomorrow I shall be mostly editing...

... if you see me anywhere near here then shout at me... loudly.
But before you do, if anyone can come up with a one line shoutline for Jumping in Puddles, I'd appreciate it.

It's the story of four lone parents in a small village in Donegal, which makes Stepford look like Metropolis. Each has a very different story and very different background but find they forge amazing friendships which help them cope with the good and bad in their lives.
Oh, and it's all made possible through a lone parent support group run by the formidable Bernie - who might just have a story of her own to tell.

At the moment - while having a crisis of confidence about my writing - the current shoutline in my head is "Please buy it and say you like it" but I'm thinking that's not what the publishers are after. I'm thinking they want something a bit more....

"In a wee village in Donegal, no one can hear you scream..." (Not quite representative of the book)

"Four friends, four stories and a whole heap of wine..." (The wine was consumed by the author...)

"Friendship comes in the most unexpected of places" (Too twee????)

HELP!!!

3 comments:

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

I can't wait to see what brilliant you comes up with!!!

Anonymous said...

How about .... 'When the chips are down it takes a gamble to find friendships worth betting on' .... not fantastic and maybe too much Las Vegas reference when you're thinking small town Donegal??!! But at least I tried! xx

Anonymous said...

Just in case you go with the above shoutline ... I may need payment in Kitkat Chunkys ... it was all my own work! ...Catherine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...