Thursday, February 04, 2010

This is perhaps the most disturbing thing I have ever seen...

Okay, apparantly this is a Halloween costume but seroiusly? You would let your daughter wear this? Look at the boots?
I'm really most disturbed by the still very childlike round tummy jutting out above the all too adult bare legs - and don't even get me started on the full make up.
This is Miley Cyrus' younger sister, Noah who is 9.
She is launching her own lingerie line soon.
Yes, you read that right. Lingerie. For nine year olds. Or younger.

What the hell is wrong with the world? At 9 years old little girls should at best be wearing nice vests and sensible cotton underwear and not thinking about their underthings as anything other than functional clothes.
Why would they have to worry if their pants are fancy? Why? Why? WHY????

I'm not the kind of Daily Mail reader-alike who screams "Paedophilia" at every opportunity but sweet Jesus, what do parents who let their children dress like this think they are achieving?
No young girl needs to dress like this. No young girl needs full make up. No young girl needs four inch heels.

Some parents, however, clearly need a slap.

6 comments:

Sharon Owens said...

Claire, I can hardly sleep at night for worrying about all the perverts out there ogling young girls. And worse...

And now this outrageous costume which must surely be the delight of perverts everywhere. I hope the entire project is banned. The Americans aren't dumb enough to let this happen, surely?

You know some vile perverts would not be put off by a frilly, childish frock - but this get-up is just pushing things. I'm just as shocked as you are.

I wouldn't even wear those "hooker" boots and I love them. I love gothic fashion but yes, some idiots do mistake "goth" for "sex slave". The world has gone completely mad. This child looks like a woman with a growth hormone deficiency ie 30 years old but only 4ft tall.

Sad.

Elle said...

I just read this article on the DM before your post arrived in my Reader. I think it's goddamn scary. What happened to little girls being little girls? I'm 25 now and I don't recall ever caring about what my pants and vests were like at that age. Children usually don't. CHILDREN DO NOT NEED LINGERIE.

I have seen something just as horrifying, however. There's a store in my town that sells baby clothes. Generally cheap-looking baby clothes. I've never actually been in there, but there's some scary stuff in the windows...teeny tiny hotpants and slutty skirts and 'schoolgirl' type outfits for kids as young as four.

It's absolutely foul.

The Pineapple Tart said...

Pray for me Claire - I've just shown this photo to Florence, age 8and she says she wants the outfit for her birthday.

Debs Riccio said...

I agree, Anne, sadly it's very common of 'young' girls these days - they love to be "all grown-up" and I'm betting there'll be a huge rush of 9-year olds (or younger) desperate to get their hands on this outfit and, indeed, posh panties. As mothers we have to curb our outrage lest it makes them even more desirous of said garments.

Catherine said...

Holy god in heaven WTF!!!! That is totally and utterly inappropriate for children much older than 9, never mind 9!!!! And as for the lingerie line... even the word lingerie stokes up ideas of sexy lacy stuff for adults only - SO not cool for a kids lingerie range.. what is the world coming to??!!

I thank the lord that my 11 year old was delighted with her first pair of innocent teensy heels and declined any glittery make-up at all for a recent special occasion delaring that she 'looks pretty without it and doesn't need it'. Phew!!!

However, my 8 year old has been teetering round the house in my proper high heels for years... d'ya think he will grow out of it?! Lol

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the whole Suri brouhaha. Perfect clothes and kitten heels and just EEEEEW and awful.
How can we possibly expect little girls to grow into bog girls and women who value themselves when we let them dress like little man-pleasin' tarlettes?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...