Wednesday, April 07, 2010

The boy lies sleeping..

.. on the sofa. I can't remember the last time he slept during the day - not since he was a tot.
He has a vomiting bug (and the other) and I have literally spent my day rubbing his back and telling him it will okay while running yet another bath and loading the washing machine yet another time.
I feel for him - especially as vomiting is something I'm so experienced in thanks to the pregnancy from hell with the baby.
I did though - perhaps cruelly - have half a notion to say to him, as he threw up for the jillionth time "Joseph, this would be cool if it wasn't so uncool!"
Yes the words of  "comfort" he used when I was so sick with his baby sister were sitting right at the tip of my tongue but I imagine that would have been very unmammy-like indeed.
Instead I got him flat coke, made a bed on the sofa and didn't complain when his sick got in my hair.
Oh motherhood, how I love thee.

1 comment:

Bernardeena said...

Poor little man. I hope he feels better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...