Friday, April 30, 2010

A Weight Watchers Wobble

It has been a BAD week.
Yes, I lost a lb on the scales this week but I can feel it - and more - back on me now just three days later.
I seemed to have careered down a very dodgy path and the binge monster is winning.
I've had half a Dominos Pizza - a big one, with chicken and mushroom and sweetcorn and that wee garlic dippy thing on the side.
And a Mars Bar.
And a sausage sandwich.
And buns.

This is no one bad day - this is a trainwreck of three days and mentally I have to say I'm struggling to get into the right frame of mind to get back on track.
I think I need to do several things. I need to remember why I'm doing this - how I felt the day Joseph asked me if I was sure I wasn't pregnant as I was so very, very fat. How I want to fit back into my wedding dress. How I want to feel attractive for the first time in my life. How I want to be fitter and healthier and not have to mentally check each room I enter to see if I'm the fattest person there...

And I think I need to find a new approach to what I eat. Maybe 10 weeks of eating the same old, same old has made the diet tired for me. Toast with Low Low in the morning, Special K bars, Thai Curry and Pasta and chicken for lunch, Potatoes and chicken or salad and chicken. Chicken features a lot as I'm a fussy meat eater and don't do fish. I have eaten my body weight in Muller Light yoghurts and if I see another packet of Velvet Crunch crisps I may actually barf.

So ideas please? For a person with exceptionally limited cooking skills?

And ideas for keeping positive when all you want to do is fall headfirst into a bucket of KFC?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire: here via a blog search for Weight Watchers. I have totally been where you are. I've lost around 59 lbs since March 2009, but this month marks TEN YEARS since I joined Weight Watchers for the very first time. I'm extremely close to my goal weight now, but the only thing I have to offer is I think I just finally really hit bottom. I did not want to lose and regain and relose and regain anymore. I didn't want to make myself miserable, and put my husband through it anymore. This year I just finally wanted to break the cycle more than I ever have. I've never been able to maintain a weight loss for longer than a couple months, so that will be its own set of challenges. But I just want to get to maintenance and STAY THERE. Which is pretty lame, I know. "You just have to want it!" Oh, really, simple as that? Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...