Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random conversations with the boy

So, it's election time.
Joseph is trying to get his whole head around the issue of democracy, voting, republics and the like.
He is particularly interested in America and Barack Obama - can't say I blame him. I'm partial to a bit of Obama myself.

Joseph, unaware that he will never actually be President of the USA, was intrigued to find out that all former Presidents are entitled to be called Mr President for the rest of their days.

Joseph does not like this.

This morning in the car he turns to me, a slight tinge of panic in his voice and says: "Mammy, when I come back to Ireland after being President can you please not call me Mr President. I just want everyone to call me Joseph."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...