Friday, November 24, 2006

I'm not crazy....


THE WONDERFUL Shirley MacLaine, while playing the equally wonderful Ouiser Bordeaux in 'Steel Magnolias', once said: "I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for the last 40 years."
I may not be 40 (God forbid, I'm still coming to terms with 30 for now) but I know exactly where the old dear was coming from.
Do you ever catch a glimpse of yourself and wonder who on earth the grumpy baggage looking back at you is?
Or maybe you read over old emails, or forum posts or replay a phone conversation you had and realise that you may in fact be one of those toxic friends you are always warning people about.
You know what I'm talking about here, the kind of friend who brings everyone down with their constant whinging and moaning and generally feeling sorry for themselves-itis.
There are times when I think "I am what I am" (and sing the song of the same name loudly) and realise people can either like me or lump me, but there are also times when I want to change to become a more positive person.
I don't want to do a complete 180 and become a Pollyanna, but just someone who didn't automatically think or fear the worst would be good.
So I'll try a little experiment and each day on this Blog for the next seven nights I will post something positive about my day.
Let's call it Operation Pollyanna!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...