Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tackfest Tuesday- Bryan Adams



In August 2001 I, along with 10,000 other people, crowded into a playing field in Prehen to watch a Bryan Adams concert.
It was memorable for a number of reasons- the first being that I live in Derry and we never, ever get anyone famous come to play a concert.
The second was that I got my tickets for free on the basis that I would review the concert for the paper afterwards.
The third reason is that much as I kind of thought Bryan was okay in a secret guilty pleasure way before the concert, afterwards I thought he - well- rocked.
The thing about Bryan Adams is that he writes songs that we women love. He tries to be all manly and rock-starrish but his ballads are every woman's dream.
I was reminded of that as I watched 'Strictly Come Dancing' on Saturday night and saw Peter and Erin dance to "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" from the sound track of the film Don Juan De Marco.
Now the thing Don Juan De Marco did was combine the swoony lyrics of Bryan Adams with the total sex-goddishness of Johnny Depp. What more could a woman want?
So in honour of this week's tacky Tuesday, I bring you the Lyrics to 'Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman' by Bryan Adams.
To really love a woman
To understand her - you gotta know her deep inside
Hear every thought - see every dream
Give her wings - when she wants to fly
Then when you find yourself lyin' helpless in her arms
You know you really love a woman
When you love a woman you tell her that she's really wanted When you love a woman you tell her that she's the one
She needs somebody to tell herthat it's gonna last forever
So tell me have you ever really - really really ever loved a woman?
To really love a woman Let her hold you - til younow how she needs to be touched
You've gotta breathe her - really taste her
Til you can feel her in your blood
And when you can see your unborn children in her eyes
You know you really love a woman
I was about 19 when that song came out and I thought it was possible the most romantic thing I'd ever heard in my life. Of course now, if a man told me he could see his unborn children in my eyes I would run a mile screaming- but it was a nice thought at the time.
For my notions on love and passion, Mr. Bryan Adams, I thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...