Sunday, November 26, 2006

Operation Pollyanna- On the Jazz


(I dedicate today's post to my work colleague Erin, who is always 'on the jazz')
DID YOU that George Peppard, aka Hannibal from the A Team has a cousin who lives in Derry?
He has a fancy house up the Culmore Road, near Da Vincis- tres posh and yes, his surname is Peppard and not Doherty or something equally Derry.
My friend Erin told me that and she should know as she is the biggest A Team fan in the world- bar none.
Anyway, being such a big A Team fan, Erin has a suitable quote from the show for every occasion. Her most commonly touted expression these days is that she loves it when she is on the jazz, and no that does not refer to any illegal drug taking.
'On the Jazz' refers to those times in your life when you are top form. For me, it's usually when I'm work and the words are flying forth from my fingers and every line is journalistically sound. (You know, the days when I don't spent three quarters of an hour trying to think of a headline before I even start the story.)
Today's positive vibe is that despite it being a Sunday, I was very much on the jazz in work today. I got my head down, battered my copy through and enjoyed it muchly.
And then I got home (a little early) and made dinner for the two men in my life.
It was a lovely day- one where I have almost put all the stressy thoughts in my life at the moment regarding my creative writing to the back of my head.
Simple pleasures people- that's what it is all about.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...