Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lunchtime blog - cravings and other wonders

I haven't really had any cravings with this pregnancy up until now. There was a night I took a mad notion for a beef stroganoff and would not be satisfied until I had one but it was a one off and I'm not sure one offs count as actual cravings.
But recently I've had two strange ones. The first is cheese and chive dip - the kind you buy in wee pots in the supermarket and can dip breadsticks or crudites in. (But who are we kidding folks, it is nicest served with a big old pile of "once you pop, you can't stop" Pringles). I spotted a tub on the supermarket shelf just before Christmas and since then no sour cream and chive crisp has been safe in my sights. It's a strange addiction - especially as I can't wash it down with the traditional glass (or three) of finest new world Sauvignon Blanc.
The second craving is cornettos - which do kind of nauseate me to a great extent - and yet I am powerless to their call. I even (and I do feel a total pig for admitting it) ate two in one night recently... just after the other. I should have stopped, I regretted immediately... but it was as if a force outside of my body, mind and mental reasoning just took over and there I was... up to my neck in chocolate and ice cream.

Okay so neither are going to win any healthy eating awards - but after seven months of constant being sick (you see, I mentioned the sick again...) I figure I deserve a little treat now and then (and again.... and again....)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I craved fishfingers and Ready Brek with my first child and the only time I had any sickness (sorry, don't hate me) was right after a very urgent need for Ready Brek. It bounced!
With my daughter I craved Dairy Milk bars, I'm amazed she wasn't born as a hollow chocolate baby, that's all the nutrition she got from me!

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Yes! Eat what you feel like eating! And when you feel like eating it!

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Apparently, all this while I only THOUGHT I was following you. But now I really am. You've been on my blog roll, and dashboard, but for some reason, blogger didn't seem to know I was following.

Well, I feel an extra connection to you, besides all things Celtic and written .... You and my daughter-in-love are due on the same date. I pray for you both to stay well, be safe, have healthy babies, and enjoy life to its fullest. ♥

Claire said...

Thanks Mimi and Penelope!

Looking forward to hearing about your new grandbaby too Mimi
x

Claire said...

Thanks Mimi and Penelope!

Looking forward to hearing about your new grandbaby too Mimi
x

Claire said...

Thanks Mimi and Penelope!

Looking forward to hearing about your new grandbaby too Mimi
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...