Sunday, March 02, 2008

Mother's day madness

The logic of men baffles me.
This morning I was allowed a luxuriously long lie in. Waking at aroudn10.30, I decided to get up but as I left the bedroom I heard the husband tell the boy to get his coat and they would head to the shop to get mummy some breakfast.
Bliss, I thought as I snuggled back down under the covers and put the telly on to catch up with Hollyoaks. I heard Neil and Joseph go out and come back in again and then, within a few minutes, I smelled the delicious aroma of bacon frying.
I was excited, so very excited and lay back making myself look all maternal and loving.
Within a few minutes I heard the patter of feet on the stairs and Joseph walked in with a plate holding a bun.
"Where's my bacon?" I asked with probably less maternal joy in my voice than I had anticipated and the husband replied - this is the corker....

"I didn't think you could have bacon on your diet, so we ate it"

Looking my bun, covered in chocolate and filled with cream, I had to smile.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...