Monday, March 03, 2008

TTFN Granda

Today marks the 15th anniversary of the death of my beloved Granda.
I was only 16 when he died, and it was my first experience of death. He was only 65 - too young to go.
Today I'm trying not to focus on the sadness of his loss, more the joy of his life. He was the perfect granda. Mad enough to have the craic with us children but stern enough that you knew not to push your luck.
I have so many happy memories, watching him paint and paper our living room - the smell of wallpaper paste mixed with the smell of his cigarettes. I rememeber his garage and how it was a place filled with bric a brac but which seemed like an Aladdin's cave to us children.
His garden, where we would run around like loonies was gorgeous and his ability to make a pirate's hat out of a common or garden cushion was legendary.
TTFN Granda. You will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...